IMAGINE DUNDRUM WEBINAR, Tuesday December 6th 8 pm
Building Dundrum’s Best Future: how new thinking on heritage and environmental sustainability can help create the Dundrum of tomorrow
- Welcome and introduction: Nick Armstrong, Imagine Dundrum
- A Word from the Chair: Dr Paula Russell, UCD School of Architecture, Planning and Environmental Policy
- Heritage: People and Place Through Time: Deirdre Black, Heritage Officer, Dún Laoghaire Rathdown Co. Council
- Future-proof: Building a More Resilient Dundrum: Dr Philip Crowe, UCD School of Architecture, Planning and Environmental Policy
- Q and A: questions and comments for the panel
- Conclusion: Anne Colgan, Chair, Imagine Dundrum
Dr Paula Russell lectures at undergraduate and postgraduate levels in: History and Theory of Planning, the Role of Community in Planning and Local Plan Making. She researches the role of civil society in the planning process, looking at issues of engagement and influence. She has a broad interest in urban policy issues, is a member of the board of the European Urban Research Association (EURA) and an Associate Editor of the journal Urban Research and Practice.
Deirdre Black, Heritage Officer with Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council, previously advised public agencies on heritage, active travel, sustainable tourism and landscape strategy and worked across Ireland in community-led placemaking. A professional Landscape Architect, she has been a Design Fellow at the School of Architecture, Planning and Environmental Policy in UCD and a Visiting Lecturer at the Centre for Planning Education and Research in UCC.
Dr Philip Crowe lectures in Climate Responsive Design in the UCD Schools of Architecture and Engineering, and is co-Director of UCD’s Centre for Irish Towns. He is a co-leader of the EU funded project Green Buildings and Neighbourhoods, and the Creative Ireland Ripple project on citizen engagement with climate change. His research includes work on urban resilience, vacancy and adaptive reuse, and revitalisation of towns. He was formerly Director of Sustainable Design with M.CO design and project management consultancy for 9 years.
View the programme here.