The redevelopment of Dundrum Main Street and the old shopping centre site can be an opportunity for a better Dundrum in the future.
The previous plans from the Celtic Tiger period were out of scale and inappropriate.
The architectural drawings and plans on this page are intended to illustrate Imagine Dundrum's vision outlined on the previous pages. These are not plans which we are insisting be undertaken, but rather intended to give a feeling for how the development could be approached by Hammerson in keeping with planning aims.
1. A view of the main street looking south from the Usher Monument, showing how new development could respect the existing scale and line of the streetscape
2. 'Market Square' or plaza viewed from Main Street with mixed retail, housing and public space. At its heart a new civic/ community/ cultural building.
3. Housing units could have an interior courtyard and social shared amenities
4. The slope of the existing site could be utilised to increase scale away from the Main Street and allow for parking.
5. A first floor level plan demonstrating the possible mixed usage on the site beneficial for both the investors and the community. A green space over spanning the Dundrum bypass is proposed linking the main street area to the community opposite.